As a KI student, you have access to the text-to-speech program TorTalk that you install on your own computer. All students can download the program, but students who find it hard to read regular text might find it extra useful.
Follow these steps:
Register the license
Start by registering a license (KI students only).
When the registration is complete, you will receive an e-mail to your KI e-mail address with a registration code for the most current versions of TorTalk.
Prerequisite for running TorTalk (just for Windows users)
The following two programs (runtime for C++ 2010 and 2012) need to be installed on your computer.
Download and install TorTalk
Download the relevant language package
Language packages for Windows
- Alva: Swedish language package for Windows
- Oskar: Swedish language package for Windows
- Tom: English language package for Windows
- Download more voices and language for Windows on TorTalks web page
Language packages for Mac
- Klara: Swedish language package for Mac
- Oskar: Swedish language package for Mac
- Tom: English language package for Mac
- Download more voices and language for Mac at TorTalks webpage