Current information about library services during the COVID-19 pandemic
On this page we will gather current information about the library services during the COVID-19 pandemic. Changes in library services can occur quickly if recommendations change.
If you can, contact us via digital channels. This applies to both library, student IT issues and all guidance.
Some rooms and parts of the library will be blocked off when staff need to work in different spaces.
Some spaces might have tape indicating to keep a certain distance, please follow them.
Here you can see how many visitors who currently are in the library in Flemingsberg
If the box is empty there are less than 10 people in the library.
Here you can see how many visitors who currently are in the library in Solna
Guidance and workshops
Our guidance and workshops will be held online. Check the email sent before the guidance / workshop.
Student IT also primarily provides service online, call or email and they will help you.
Borrow, request and return books
You can borrow and return books during our limited opening hours. At the moment, we have no delay fees for our books.
Our book drops (outdoors) are open 24/7.
- The book drop in Flemingsberg can be found at Alfred Nobels allé 8, outside of the main entrance, to the left if you're going in. It's a grey metal box with the sign Bokinkast / Book drop on it.
- The book drop in Solna can be found at Berzelius väg 7 A, it's a black box with the sign Bokinkast / Book drop on it.
For you as a student
We have gathered important information for you as a new student on the page New student.
For you as an employee
You can use the libraries during the extended opening hours with your KI card. If you request books we recommend that you choose Home delivery, and we will send the book to your work address or home address. Please contact us if you need any help!
For doctoral students and rules regarding "nailing"
Important information on changed "nailing" rules and the public defence can be found on the KI Staff site.
For you as a public user (not KI affiliated)
During summer you cannot us the libraries as a public user.
Follow the recommendations
- Visit the library only if you feel completely healthy.
- Keep a minimum of 1 meter to the next person.
- Wash your hands frequently, disinfection is also effective.
- Cough and sneeze in the arm fold.
- Our toilets are cleaned twice a day.
- Both libraries have alcogel stations. Use them!
During these times the risk of misinformation increases, and we advice you to carefully check your sources. More information can be found at the page Evaluating information.
Curious about how it works with e-books? Many English textbooks are available as e-books, please read our blog post When you need to stay away from the library – borrow an e-book.