Tips for Microsoft Word
As a student or researcher at KI, the Microsoft Word software will most likely be your word processor of choice. You might use it for a short thesis, your dissertation or for scientific articles. In either case, it's good to learn more about the Word software to enhance your writing process.
Microsoft Word is one part of the Office suite, which also includes e.g. Excel and PowerPoint. The Office suite exists in many versions. The library computers are equipped with the Office 2010 version, but you might of course have an other version installed on your own computer.
There are also specific Word versions for Mac. The latest version is Word for Mac 2019; the previous was Word for Mac 2016.
On Wikipedia, you'll find a complete list of all different versions.
- Word 2019 Essential Training
- Word for Windows 2016 Essential Training
- Word for Windows 2013 Essential Training
- Word for Windows 2010 Essential Training
- Word for Windows 2007 Essential Training
- Word for Mac 2019 Essential Training
- Word for Mac 2016 Essential Training
- Word for Mac 2011 Essential Training
In theses, page numbering (pagination) often starts after the title page and the table of contents, for example on page 3 in the document. In our instruction you can find out how to do this in Word.
As a student, please contact the library staff if you need support in Word.
If you are a doctoral student and need assistance with the thesis template, contact the research support below.