As a researcher at Karolinska Institutet, as of 1 January 2020, you can publish open access in more than 2,000 journals from Elsevier.
The agreement covers publishing fees for articles first submitted from January 1 2020. You need to be corresponding author and affiliated with KI. Use your KI email address when submitting, to help the identification process. The agreement is valid from 1 January 2020 through 31 December 2022.
Journals covered by the agreement:
- Elsevier titles, including society journals. Title list (pdf)
- Cell Press titles. Title list (pdf)
- The Lancet fully open access titles*: Digital Health, The Lancet Global Health, The Lancet Planetary Health, The Lancet Public Health, EBioMedicine, EClinicalMedicine.
The agreement allows publishing with CC-BY license (or another open license, according to the author's wishes).
Article types covered by the agreement:
- PIT=CRP — Case Report
- PIT=DAT — Data in brief
- PIT=FLA — Full-length article
- PIT=MIC — Microarticle
- PIT=OSP — Original software publication
- PIT=PGL — Practice Guidelines
- PIT=PRO — Protocol
- PIT=REV (journals) — Review article (not books reviews)
- PIT=RPL — Replication Studies
- PIT=SCO — Short communication
- PIT=SSU — Short review
Please contact Research Support at the library if you have questions about the Elsevier agreement or publishing in general.
*All content in fully open access journals is freely available and accessible for anyone, no subscriptions needed.