The library provides resource rooms with special equipment for you with some form reading disability. To book the resource rooms you need a certificate from Karolinska Institutet's coordinator for students with disabilities. If you want to book a resource room for an exam, ask the responsible teacher to contact the library. If you want an individual demonstration of the software, please book a demonstration.
Contact person is Victoria Hansson, KI's coordinator for students with disabilities.
Phone: 08-524 860 04.
- There are two resource rooms: one in Flemingsberg and one in Solna. At Campus Flemingsberg, the room is at the University Library. At Campus Solna, the resourse room is located on floor 2 in Widerströmska huset on Tomtebodavägen 18 A. (The resource room on Berzelius väg 7 in Solna is closed because the library is being renovated.)
- The room can be booked a maximum of 8 hours at a time and a maximum of three months in advance.
- It is possible to work in groups in the room, but at least one person must have a certificate from the coordinator.
- You book the resource rooms with your student account.
- If the room is needed for examination that will be prioritised. For exams your teacher can contact us at email@example.com and book up to a full day.
- You need to start using the room at the very latest half an hour after the booked time has started. However, this does not apply to examination sessions.
- You enter the room with your KI card.
- Use your student account to log in to the computers.
- The room in Flemingsberg is open every day 7:00-22:00. After office hours, you can enter the building using your KI card and PIN code. Read more about the extended opening hours.
- The room in Solna (in Widerströmska) is open 7:30-17:30 on weekdays.
Services and software available in the resource rooms
- Stava Rex - spelling correction program that corrects spelling and grammatical errors in Swedish text, specially developed for people with dyslexia. Spell Rex works with all Office applications (Word, Powerpoint, Excel). You will find it in the menu in each program under the heading Oribi.
- SpellRight - spelling corrector which corrects spelling and grammatical errors in the English text, specially developed for people with dyslexia. SpellRight works with all Office applications (Word, Powerpoint, Excel). You will find it in the menu in each program under the heading Oribi.
- Easy Reader - reader for digital talking books in DAISY format.
- Easy Converter - software that converts text to speech (audio files). You can convert from PDF, Word, HTML, etc. to audio files (MP3 and DAISY), large print and Braille. It is also possible to scan printed text directly into the Easy Converter.
- ViTal - reading program that reads text from Word, web pages and more. Also features Talking Keyboard.
- ZoomText - enlargement program that magnifies text up to 36 times. Ability to change the color of text and background.
- Wordfinder2000 - language dictionary
- WordfinderPro - language dictionaries in medicine
- Quicktionary WordPoint - translation software with pronunciation help
- FineReader Pro7 - OCR software for processing of digitized / scanned documents
- Text Magnifier