To book the resource room you need a certificate from Karolinska Institutet's coordinator for students with disabilities.
Contact Tina Teljstedt, KI's coordinator for students with disabilities.
Phone: 08-524 860 04
If you need to book a resource room for examination, or if you want a personal introduction to the programs, contact the library: 08-524 840 00 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The room must be booked a maximum of 8 hours at a time and three weeks in advance. It is possible to work in groups in the room, but at least one person must have a certificate from the coordinator.
- You book the resource room with your student account.
- If the room is needed for examination that will be prioritized. For exams your teacher can contact us at email@example.com and book up to a full day
- You need to start using the room at the very latest half an hour after the booked time is starting. However, this does not apply to the examination sessions.
- Use your student account to login to the computers.
- The rooms are open every day 7-22. You enter the library with your KI card and PIN number when the library is closed. Read more about the extended opening hours.
- You enter the room with you KI card, but after regular booking hours you use the room at a drop in basis.
Services and programs available in resource rooms
- Stava Rex - spelling correction program that corrects spelling and grammatical errors in Swedish text, specially developed for people with dyslexia. Spell Rex works with all Office applications (Word, Powerpoint, Excel). You will find it in the menu in each program under the heading Oribi.
- SpellRight - spelling corrector which corrects spelling and grammatical errors in the English text, specially developed for people with dyslexia. SpellRight works with all Office applications (Word, Powerpoint, Excel). You will find it in the menu in each program under the heading Oribi.
- Easy Reader - reader for digital talking books in DAISY format.
- Easy Converter - software that converts text to speech (audio files). You can convert from PDF, Word, HTML, etc. to audio files (MP3 and DAISY), large print and Braille. It is also possible to scan printed text directly into the Easy Converter.
- ViTal - reading program that reads text from Word, web pages and more. Also features Talking Keyboard.
- ZoomText - enlargement program that magnifies text up to 36 times. Ability to change the color of text and background.
- Wordfinder2000 - language dictionary
- WordfinderPro - language dictionaries in medicine
- Quicktionary WordPoint - translation software with pronunciation help
- FineReader Pro7 - OCR software for processing of digitized / scanned documents
- Text Magnifier