As a new student, the library is an important part of the introduction to KI, as we support if you should run into any IT troubles. Important information can be found at the KI web pages Planning your arrival, My student account and Welcome to Karolinska Institutet.
Activate your student account
Problems activating the student account? Tips on how to get started can be found on My student account. If you should continue having problems, contact Student IT at the University Library.
Get your KI card
Your KI card serves as your access card, library card and printing card. All information on how to get your card can be found at KI card for students
The KI card is handled by UF/Property Department/Environmental and Security Unit at Karolinska Institutet.
Wireless network and other IT services
On the page Computers & IT you will find all the information related to KI's IT services, including wireless network and how to connect the student e-mail to your smartphone. At the library you will also find Student IT, a support function for student IT-related issues.
The library offers various kinds of study facilities for different needs. You can read more about them on the page Study facilities. Other parts of the campus offers a variety of facilities, including ANA 23 (Alfred Nobels allé 23 in Flemingsberg) and House 75 (Solna).
The KI card is used for...
- Access card
- Library card
The student account is used for...
The University Library - KIB
- One library – two locations (Solna & Flemingsberg)
- Study facilities and group study rooms
- Extended opening hours ("meröppet") 7 days a week in both Solna and Flemingsberg with your KI card
- Books, databases, articles and other information can be found at our website
- Contact us via chat, e-mail, telephone, facebook, twitter or visit us!
- Questions regarding searching scientific information? Visit guidance in information searching
- Need support in academic writing? Make an appointment with Academic Writing Support