As a new student, the library is an important part of the introduction to KI, as we support if you should run into any IT troubles. Important information can be found at the KI web pages Planning your arrival, My student account and Welcome to Karolinska Institutet.
Activate your student account
Problems activating the student account? Tips on how to get started can be found on My student account. If you should continue having problems, contact Student IT at the University Library.
Get your KI card
Your KI card serves as your access card, library card and printing card. All information on how to get your card can be found at KI card for students
The KI card is handled by UF/Property Department/Environmental and Security Unit at Karolinska Institutet.
Wireless network and other IT services
On the page Computers & IT you will find all the information related to KI's IT services, including wireless network and how to connect the student e-mail to your smartphone. At the library you will also find Student IT, a support function for student IT-related issues.
The library offers various kinds of study facilities for different needs. You can read more about them on the page Study facilities. Other parts of the campus offers a variety of facilities, including ANA 23 (Alfred Nobels allé 23 in Flemingsberg) and House 75 (Solna).
The KI card is used for...
- Access card
- Library card
The student account is used for...
The University Library - KIB
- One library – two locations (Solna & Flemingsberg)
- Study facilities and group study rooms
- Extended opening hours ("meröppet") 7 days a week in Flemingsberg with your KI card (extended hours only in Flemingsberg 2019/2020 due to renovation work in Solna)
- Books, databases, articles and other information can be found at our website
- Contact us via chat, e-mail, telephone, facebook, twitter or visit us!
- Questions regarding searching scientific information? Visit guidance in information searching
- Need support in academic writing? Make an appointment with Academic Writing Support
Videos: Get to know the library
The student Wasim is showing new students how to make best use of the library during your studies here at KI.
Welcome to the library - take a tour of the library in Flemingsberg
What can you get help with at the KI Library?
Wasim looks for answers among the staff in the library...
How extended opening hours work at the library in Flemingsberg
Wasim shows you how it works. No extended opening hours at the library in Solna during autumn 2019 and spring 2020.
How do you search for a book and then borrow it?
Wasim will take us through the whole process, but not everything goes according to plan...
The pop-up library in Solna
Wasim explains how it works with the library business in Solna during the main library renovation. What's the pop-up library and how do you find it?