Academic Writing Support
Academic Writing Support can help you improve your academic writing, reading and oral presentation skills. Make an appointment, attend one of our workshops, or stop by one of our drop-in sessions. Welcome!
Make an Appointment
You make an appointment with us by using our online booking calendar. You can make either an in person or online appointment. You are welcome to make two appointments per text. After consultation with your Writing Support instructor, you are welcome to make additional appointments.
- Writing Support Sessions are held either in person or online (via Adobe Connect or Skype). You choose which kind of appointment you want when you make the appointment.
- You can make two appointments per text. Additional appointments may be available after consultation with your Writing Support instructor, and are reserved for students writing longer texts, such as a Master's thesis. Each session lasts 45 min. You can make a second appointment only after you have attended the first.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your text at least one working day before the appointment will take place. Please indicate what you want help with, as well as which section of your text you would like to discuss. Please include any instructions or evaluation criteria you have received.
- If you forget to send us your text before hand, or if you have made a last-minute appointment, you are of course still welcome to attend the session. We will simply have to use part of our time to read your text before discussing it.
- Please bring a copy of your text with you.
- Please do not forget to cancel your appointment if you can no longer make it. If you miss an appointment without canceling, it will count as one of your two appointments.
- Most writing support tutorials for English-language texts take place on the Solna campus. If you would like to book an appointment in Flemingsberg, please email email@example.com at least one week ahead of time and we will do our best to accommodate you.
Attend a Workshop
Attend one of our workshops.
Explore Academic Writing
Explore the page on Academic Writing – learn more about structure, style and grammar in academic texts.
We are located in the University Library. In Solna, you will find us upstairs (floor 3), and in Flemingsberg at entrance level (floor 4). If you cannot find us, ask for assistance by the library staff.