About the Karolinska Institutet University Library
Since January 1, 2019, the Karolinska Institutet University Library is a university support function placed under the president in the KI organisation.
There is a library council with representatives appointed by the president. The council’s tasks include supporting the development and strategic focus of KIB. The council is also to participate in preparing the library’s internal budget allocation as the yearly budget request.
The library council representatives are:
- Karin Dahlman Wright, KI vice president, chairperson of the council
- Annikki Roos, head of KI library
- Johanna Lanner, representing the committee of education
- Lennart Brodin, representing the committee of research education
- Caroline Graff, representing the committee of research
- Ulla Nygrén, head of the Turku University Library
- Naomi Samuel, representing Odontologiska föreningen (student organisation)
- (Representative from Medicinska föreningen to be appointed)
- Lena Nilsson-Wikmar, head of UoL, is adjourned to the council.
The council will meet four times a year.