About the Karolinska Institutet University Library
Karolinska Institutet University Library is a university support function placed under the president in the KI organisation.
The Library Council
There is a library council with representatives appointed by the president. The council’s tasks include supporting the development and strategic focus of KIB. The council is also to participate in preparing the library’s internal budget allocation in the yearly budget request.
The library council representatives are:
- Anders Gustafsson, chairperson of the council
- Annikki Roos, Library director, KI Library
- Johanna Lanner, representing the committee of education
- Lennart Brodin, representing the committee of research education
- Anna Krook, representing the committee of research
- Ulla Nygren, head of the Turku University Library
- Naomi Samuel, representing Odontologiska föreningen (student organisation)
- Bahar Ahmadi, representing Medicinska Föreningen (student organisation)
- Maria Watter, head of Teaching and Learning (TL), adjourned to the council.
The council meets four times a year.
The Library organisation
The library staff consists of about 100 people, divided into three departments and seven units.